Back to homepage


ll State Government, Central Government and Police Department vehicles need to be registered at the office of the Registering Authority.


  1. Form No.20 is to be duly filled up by the department.
  2. These vehicles are exempted from paying Registration Fees and Road Tax.
  3. HSRP fee is however to be paid as per the Fee charged.
  4. Owner’s name has to be the Designation name and not an individual’s name.
  5. A Government vehicle can be auctioned to the public as desired by the Department.

This auctioned vehicle is then treated as a new vehicle and a new public Registration Mark is assigned to the old vehicle, while the old Government Registration Mark is discarded